To return to chicmadesimple main page, click here.

And the winner is...

My vote for Best Dressed at the 2009 Golden Globes?...



In leaps and bounds it was Eva Mendes (whose style has been impressing me a lot lately) in a white silk taffeta Dior gown, complimented perfectly with a gorgeous vintage turquoise and diamond statement necklace and cocktail ring from Van Cleef & Arpels. 


And the worst?  I knew Renee Zellweger would wear Carolina Herrera as always, but..really, Renee?  THIS is the outfit you chose? I wanted
to like the 2-piece look, if for no other reason than for her effort to be different in wearing separates, and I might have liked it on a different woman, but with Renee's pale skin, prom hair and muddy makeup, it was just a mess.  The usually completely unadorned Zellweger did wear two Verdura Maltese cross gold cuffs , but alas, it was too late. What is her aversion to earrings?